Find in artworks
Find in auction
Find in artists
Find in galleries
About ArtChain Global
Effective: 20th March 2019
1. What Personal Information do we Collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
● name ;
● mailing and street address ;
● email address
● telephone number and other contact details ;
● age or date of birth ;
● nationality ;
● passport number ;
● banking account details ;
● drivers licence number ;
● ABN (Australian Business Number) ;
● wallet information (including token balances and exchange information) and cryptographic hash function ;
● username and password ;
● social media handles ;
● your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information ;
● details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries ;
● any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or mobile app or indirectly through your use of our website or mobile app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information ;
● information you provide to us through customer surveys or our customer support services; or ;
● any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
● register on our website or app ;
● communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites ;
● interact with our sites, services, content and advertising; or
● invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
2. Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
● to enable you to register, access and use our website, services and mobile app ;
● to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, services, mobile app, business and our users’ experience, such as to approve your application for artist, collector or gallerist status, review the accuracy of artwork details and provenance, perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing ;
● to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you ;
● to facilitate payment for the purchase/sale of artwork using our website, services or mobile app ;
● to facilitate payment of resale royalties by The Copyright Agency
● to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners ;
● to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
● to consider your employment application.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to facilitate the payment of resale royalties, develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
3. Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
4. To whom do we disclose your personal information?
● our website, service and mobile app users (being the use of approved artist and collector names on the website, service and/or app) ;
● our employees and related bodies corporate ;
● third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the development and operation of our website, app, business or in connection with providing our services to you ;
● professional advisers, dealers, curators and agents ;
● payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments) ;
● our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners ;
● our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services ;
● our full node operators ;
● copyright and resale royalty collecting societies ;
● anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred ;
● specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
● other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
5. Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to our website, service and app users, third party service providers and full node operators located in other jurisdictions, including China. When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Law. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
6. Using our Website and Cookies
We may hold your personal information in either digital or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example, any personal information that is collected via our website, services or app which is held on our computer systems or on the blockchain platform is protected by safeguards including [physical, technical (firewalls, SSL encryption etc) and procedural methods]. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
9. Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information. If you think that any personal information, we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
10. Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
11. Contact Us
Explore a world of original art.
We track, protect and ensure accountability for original art. Our platform creates a digital identity for genuine creations, transfer titles between owners and track artist royalties.
Email Address *
Your Voucher *